The New York Academy of Sciences
The New York Academy of Sciences is an independent, not-for-profit organization that since 1817 has been committed to advancing science, technology, and society worldwide.
The mission of the New York Academy of Sciences is to drive innovative solutions to society's challenges by advancing scientific research, education and policy. With more than 20,000 members in 100 countries, the Academy continues to bring together extraordinary people working at the frontiers of discovery.
The first SDG summit was convened at the Academy’s headquarters and brought together thought leaders across the private sector, academia, and non-governmental organizations, to identify proof-of-concept projects and key deliverables linked to the 2030 Agenda.
Since then the Academy has continued to promote the 2030 Agenda across multiple fronts through our actions in:
• Convening multi-stakeholder summits and working groups to forge partnerships, integrate approaches, and bring the full potential of science and technology together for collective impact.
• Transforming technology for the SDGs as a Founding Partner of 2030Vision.
• Challenging students and scientists around the globe to apply their innovative skills to find solutions to specific goals, such as good health and well-being, sustainable consumption, clean water, and more.
• Disseminating valuable findings through Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences and The New York Academy of Sciences Magazine.
• Reaching underserved and under-represented populations of children across the globe with quality STEM education opportunities through the Global STEM Alliance.
• Advancing research and policy to address malnutrition through the Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science.
• Pioneering a framework for a sustainable future in all aspects of the fashion industry with the Change Fashion Initiative.
Unlocking global talent and innovation to solve our greatest challenges